Value for Planters
- We provide tools that a cultural explorer and ministry entrepreneur can use to understand their context and respond with Kingdom Good News.
- Our unique approach to experimentation and learning sets the attitudinal framework to be resilient in the face of unpredictable results.
- Initial application begins in session so planters experience basic competence with the tools and see how they integrate with their project and context.
- Our highly relational interactive environment builds supportive relationships that last throughout the planting journey
Value for Coaches
- We equip Coaches them to journey alongside their planters through all of the ups and downs of the journey by exposing them to the same content as planters,
- Offering a pre- and post- coaching plan consultation & resourcing.
- Online curriculum base for preparation and review.
Value for Denominational Leaders
- Our unique insights into the Canadian context and the planting challenge will inform their own leadership efforts, and give them hope in the next generation of church planters & leaders.
- Our unique approach to “failure” as prime learning opportunities predisposes planters to tackle more than one project. Experienced planters make the best coaches and recruiters as well as being the most effective planters.
- Our unique approach to teaching means that none of what participants learn is lost: planters leave a Design Shop with new competence and confidence, and a plan to apply what they learned.
Here is what some of our participants have said:
“I am so glad this exists. I think back on the previous church planting workshop I attended and though I learned some good things, it was not as robust and comprehensive as what I received from you all. Thank you”
“The opportunity to present my ideas about my community especially helped me clarify my language around how I understand my context and where our new community of faith can fit in the middle of it.”
“Instead of a “church plant in a box” as the 80s and 90s tried to sell us, New Leaf brought us new rhythms. Not the HOW TO DO IT but WHAT TO DO TO REVEAL IT”
“I would highly recommend the new leaf design shop. I’d recommend it to anyone interested in leading into creative expressions of church”
“I value that this process has been created and is lead by those who have direct experience in starting new and innovative expressions of missional church. I felt community and connection with like-minded practitioners and valued that there were representations from different denominations across the Country”
Design Shop Online
This fall, in light of the limitations to travel and connection in person, New Leaf will be offering the New Leaf Design Shop in an online format. We will continue to offer the same quality content led by practitioners and designed for practitioners, to equip planters for the unique challenges of planting churches in Canada today.
What is new in the online version?
We will be connecting this cohort of church planters using Zoom meetings throughout the fall of 2020. Your learning experience will involve interactive Zoom sessions, small group cohort conversations, video learning homework and two connection days using Zoom and engaging your own context.
In addition, we are launching two new streams to customize your Design Shop experience. If you are a new Canadian planting a church for your ethnic community, we have a stream for you. If you are grappling with the need to rethink your established church structures and practices in light of COVID, we have the reDesign stream for you.
As a leader, if you’re feeling like the decisions you are currently facing are complicated, you’re not alone. In the wake of COVID, church leaders across Canada are struggling with how best to maintain their church’s identity, mission, and connection in this time of isolation and uncertainty.
In the midst of this current crisis also lies a unique opportunity to rethink and redesign your church communities. Every church is a “church plant” as we collectively emerge from COVID. Now may be the right time to move your church from their regular routines and into a more vibrant, missional and engaged practice of their faith.
More information on the reDesign Stream
How can you sign up?
Due to limitations in travel, our Fall 2020 Design Shop will take place online.
More information and registration link
Watch for upcoming sessions of New Leaf Design Shops in our Event Listings or sign up for our Newsletter to be the first to hear.
For more information contact [email protected].