The Table Gathering — May 28 & 29, 2020
Passing ideas and practical advice between planters, practitioners, and their teams.
In partnership with McMaster Divinity College, we’re hosting a 2-day gathering to equip and encourage planters and starters – led by Canadian Practitioners for Canadian Practitioners.
With panels, workshops, and storytelling our goal is to help planters and starters form and deepen their new and existing ideas and communities; learning from and connecting with other planters and starters.
Is The Table Gathering for you? It might be if you are looking for the following things:
- Conversation with Canadian Missional thought leaders and Canadian practitioners, pastors and planters
- Participation in dialogue about key issues facing our churches and ministries here in Canada
- Workshops & panels with practical equipping – you’ll leave with rich resources, ideas and advice
- A place where your core team, your board and your other leaders can come and connect, learn and share
- Opportunities for you to share the things you’ve learned – there is so much rich wisdom when we gather together!
- Intentional space for networking time and connecting.
What to expect from The Table
We love a good conference, but this gathering this isn’t your typical conference
- There are no imported keynote speakers – these are conversations with Canadian practitioners around issues facing the church here in Canada.
- We believe Canadians have something to share and it’s time for us to cultivate our voice and learn from one another
- Spaces for community spiritual practices and prayer together as the diverse body of Christ
- If we haven’t used the word practical enough, we’re going to use it one more time – this is a gathering full of relational dialouge and practical equipping
- It wouldn’t be a New Leaf event if there wasn’t an actual party – we’re making lots of space for conversation, connection & fun
Here is a sample of a few our Panels and Workshops:
- Leading and thriving in post-Christian Canada
- The Kids are Alright – Children/Youth Ministry on church startup dollars
- It’s not all about the hustle: Sabbath + spiritual practices
- Managing divergent viewpoints in the midst of our current culture
- Immigrant and Refugee Church Plants thriving in Canadian soil
- Contextual, effective, non-violent, and post-colonial evangelism
- Families, Disabilities, and the Church
- Helping without hurting – healthy global partnerships for church plants
- Neighbourhood Engagement – ABCD
Evening of Thursday May 28th– & after party social
Friday, May 29th– All day sessions, workshops, panels & conversations
Cost: $75 ($85 at the door)
** Early bird rate! Sign up before March 31st with the promo code EARLYBIRDTABLE & registration is only $65!! **