The Learning Centre
Each week we will feature a new Canadian leader who has cleared a unique path in the new Canadian landscape. The Learning Centre will expose us to new ways of thinking and spark our imaginations and tune our hearts to the way that God is already at work in our country. More than ever, we need to learn from one another, encouraging fresh ideas and cheering one another on as we innovate.
The Learning Centre has been going so well! We have loved hearing from people across Canada about how beneficial the content from our Canadian presenters has been. Check out the Resources page for video of the free events from April.
Because of the overwhelming support we are so excited to announce that starting Monday, May 4th New Leaf Learning Centre is moving to a pay-what-you-choose model. There will be two options, a monthly subscription or a one-session pass. For the monthly subscription, keep scrolling on this page. The one-session pass will be available on the session page each week. Follow the link on the session description below.
For those of you who would rather ‘set it and forget it’ we’ve created an easy monthly subscription model. Our subscription is pay-what-you-choose, with a suggested amount of $25/month. Can’t afford a subscription at this time? Use the coupon code: PandemicGrace to receive the subscription for absolutely free.
For those of you who want to just want to check things out before signing up for a subscription, we offer the one-session pass. With a suggested amount of $10/session, you can still pay-what-you-choose. Can’t afford a pass at this time? Use the coupon code: PandemicGrace to receive the pass for absolutely free.
*French translation is available for Learning Centre sessions. Please indicate on your registration form that you are a French speaker.*
What’s happening at the New Leaf Learning Centre?
- A Theology of Belonging – May 28th – Cynthia Tam – Cynthia is currently the National Coordinator for Disability Ministries at the Christian and Missionary Alliance in Canada. Her work, both at the national and local level (as a church planter/pastor), is to help the church move from mere inclusion to actual belonging. In this final session on Inclusive Design Cynthia will help us explore the foundations of belonging and the way that this kind of theological frame radically alters life together in the local church.
- Stories of Beauty and Belonging in a Time of Chaos – Despite the headlines, there are good news stories going on in Canada. Come interact with a panel of Canadian pastors, planters, starters, artists, organizers, and actors as they tell us about the new ways they’ve found to be present to their neighbours, lead their communities and share their unique gifts with Canada.
Learning Centre Subscription:
- Access to the Cafe and Prayer Chapel is free to anyone.
- The Learning Centre is a unique part of the Neighbourhood, with its regular curated learning opportunities and we’ll be putting out a pay-what-you-choose option, almost like a “virtual tip jar” so that if you’re financially able, you can support content creators, the emerging virtual neighbourhood and the New Leaf Network broadly. For those of you who would rather ‘set it and forget it’ we’ve created an easy subscription model you can utilize.
- Like all of you, we are working hard to reorient ourselves to these new realities. We know that some of you can afford to become a New Leaf Learning Centre Subscriber, but if you can’t afford it right now, please don’t hesitate to still join us. Use the coupon code: PandemicGrace to receive a free subscription.
- If you would like to help sponsor someone’s subscription to the Learning Centre, increase your payment amount to subsidize someone else’s learning. If you would like to gift a subscription, contact us, and we can work out the details together.