What is Transformational Coaching?
Lead From Transformation in partnership with New Leaf Network invites you to explore Transformational Coaching. Transformational Coaching is a 7-week online experience that equips you with coaching skills and practices while giving you transformational tools so you can better coach and lead from your own transformation.
Transformational Coaching started in 2016 and has trained close to 200 ministry, business, and church leaders from 7 denominations across Canada and the US.
Transformation Coaching is for you if:
- you want to become a better listener and ask incisive questions.
- you want another tool to help staff, key lay leaders, and employees develop to their full potential.
- you want another tool for pastoral counselling situations that enables people to find greater clarity about how to get unstuck, identify areas of growth, and move forward with solutions they identify and implement.
- you want to be challenged and equipped with spiritual practices to help you lead out of a deeper well spiritually.
- you want to be equipped with a skill that can help you create value-add connections with those outside of faith.
- you want a training encounter that encourages and equips you to better hear the leading of the Holy Spirit.
- you want to become a better listener
The experience includes weekly online gatherings with other leaders from across Canada and the US, curated resources, peer coaching, and a two-session Practical Learning Experience (online this fall) that pulls everything together through coaching practice in triads. Transformation Coaching serves the Canadian Church in partnership with the New Leaf Network and creates the opportunity for people to take next levels of coaches training with Leadership Coaching Canada.
- Weekly Online Group Training (1.5 hr. minutes each week for 7-weeks)
- Two time slots to choose from (10 am ET or 1 pm ET) – you will choose a time slot when you register
- Weekly Peer Sessions (1.5 hr. practice coaching with a peer partner)
- Weekly curated reading assignments (1 hr.)
- Time Commitment (4 hours per week)
- Two-Day Practical Learning Experience (2 days and 1 night included in the registration cost)
- Facilitated by: Jon Hand, Greg Langman & Traci-Lynn Burt
Required Reading Material:
- The Coach Model by Keith E. Webb
- Forming the Leaders Soul: An Invitation to Spiritual Direction by Morris Dicks
What church leaders have said about the experience?
Here is what a couple of people say about Transformational Coaches Training:
“As a younger pastor, realizing that I don’t need to have all the answers is really freeing. Transformational Coaching trained me to listen well, and ask questions in order to help individuals recognize God is already speaking to them about their lives.” – Lisa Goetze, The Meeting House Oakville
“I want to be used by God to impact people’s lives. Through coaching, I’ve watched God lead people into new places of insight and thriving that I never could have planned. These skills open doors for growth that I never imagined before.” – Jon Limmer, Lead Pastor at Covenant Christian Community BIC Church in Penetanguishene
“I took transformational coaching so that I could help transform people, but in the end, I was the one who was being transformed. There is so much freedom in knowing that I am not responsible to find a solution. My role as a Pastor/coach is to ask questions that provide space for God to move in the problem.” – Michael Kotsopolous, The Meeting House Alliston (formerly Faith Community BIC)
“I am so grateful to have participated in Transformational Coaching hosted and facilitated by Jon Hand, Greg Langman, and Traci-Lynn Burt. This class has helped me learn and develop a new skill set to be able to equip others to take ownership of their faith, grow spiritually, and embrace God’s leading in their lives. If you are looking to improve as a leader and want to help others move forward in life and faith I highly recommend you take this class.” – Jeremy Tyrrell, Lead Pastor at The Well BIC in Ft. Erie.
How can I sign up?
The next session of Transformational Coaching will take place in the fall of 2020. The Fall session will run October 1, 2020 to November 12 for the online sessions and November 18-20 for the two-day practical learning experience session online (participants attend 2 sessions during those three days).
For more information contact [email protected].